Programs & Activities at The Arbors of Bedford
We know how difficult it can be for adults with memory impairment to feel empowered and successful. It’s an issue families struggle with every day. At The Arbors of Bedford, our approach to programs and activities is designed to work with a senior’s abilities and help find ways for them to live meaningful days.
We call this approach, Live Now, Live Engaged.
Successful Days at The Arbors of Bedford
Our signature Live Now, Live Engaged gives residents an opportunity to participate in one-on-one and group activities.
Our Program Includes:
Whether a resident is interested in the arts, culture or spiritual outlet choices abound at The Arbors of Bedford. And for adults with Alzheimer’s or a similar form of dementia, our specialized programming helps them live meaningful, productive days.
Our life enrichment calendar includes a thoughtful blend of activities:
- Artist in Me: Art therapy helps people with memory impairment communicate and express themselves. The need to create is one that continues even after other abilities are lost. At The Arbors of Bedford you will find art projects being worked on by residents.
- Benchmark Connections: Technology provides many avenues for adults with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia to stay connected with loved ones near and far. We help residents connect via Skype, Facebook, and email depending upon the stage of their disease.
- Exercise: The physical changes caused by dementia can make exercise a little more challenging. But it’s still an important part of helping seniors with memory impairment live their best quality of life. At The Arbors of Bedford, you will find daily fitness and wellness programs ranging from chair yoga and gentle stretches to dancing and walking.
- Outings: Our group outings enable residents to stay connected to the world around them for as long as possible. We routinely schedule outings to area restaurants, attractions, shopping centers, and local events.
- Recreation: The need to connect and engage with others continues even as dementia progresses. We provide residents with opportunities to do so every day. Residents are encouraged to join in on games, musical programs, movie nights, themed events, and seasonal parties.
View Our Activities Calendar
We encourage you to view our Live Now, Live Engaged monthly activities calendar. Call Today! It will help you develop a true picture of all we do to create more meaningful days for adults with memory impairment.