Programs & Activities at Whisper Woods at Smithtown
Whisper Woods at Smithtown offers older adults on the north shore of Long Island a lifestyle and support system designed to help them live their best life. Our signature Live Now, Live Well program engages and nurtures each of the six dimensions of wellness: physical, social, intellectual, emotional, purposeful, and spiritual.
Residents are free to pursue their favorite hobbies while learning and exploring new ones. Our wide variety of life enrichment activities means there is something for everyone to enjoy each day.
Join Us for a Life Enrichment Program
Because we understand how important it is for older adults to continue to live productive lives despite their age or health status, we dedicate a considerable amount of resources to our life enrichment programs. We welcome you to join us and participate in a few activities of your choice. It’s the best way to get an inside look at what life at Whisper Woods at Smithtown is really like!
Our Program Includes:
Whether a resident is interested in the arts, culture or spiritual outlet choices abound at Whisper Woods at Smithtown. And for adults with Alzheimer’s or a similar form of dementia, our specialized programming helps them live meaningful, productive days.
Our life enrichment calendar includes a thoughtful blend of activities:
- Arts & Culture: Residents who call Whisper Woods home can explore new countries and cultures through a variety of on-site programs. Local experts and fellow residents share their travels for all to enjoy. Our residents also enjoy learning to draw or paint.
- Education: Most of us have a lifelong desire to keep learning. We help honor those aspirations through on-site classes and resident outings to attend local programs and events.
- Benchmark Connections: Older adults are enjoying using technology to connect with family and friends in higher numbers than ever before. Our Benchmark Connections program makes it easier for residents to learn more about technology and to master platforms such as Facebook and Skype.
- Community Outings: Our transportation services keep residents engaged with the world around them. From shopping trips to area malls to lunch out at nearby restaurants and a night out at the theatre, community outings are a routine part of our weekly activities.
- Dream Now: We want every resident to live their best life. This includes helping them fulfill wishes on their “bucket lists.” One way we accomplish that at Whisper Woods is through our Dream Now program. Residents and their families can enter “wishes” in our Dream Now jar. Our Benchmark Dream Team goes to work to grant as many wishes as possible.
- Artist in Me: Artist in Me is one of our newest therapeutic programs. This program recognizes the role creativity plays in boosting the spirit and encouraging communication. These activities help residents create something all their own.