Assisted Living Levels of Care
- Level I is for residents who are no longer fully independent, but whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders and who require little or no physical assistance.
- Level II is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a moderate level of physical assistance with activities of daily living. An example would be a resident who needs some physical assistance with bathing.
- Level III is for residents who require a substantial amount of physical assistance with some activities of daily living, due either to care needs or behaviors. Example would be a resident requiring substantial or total physical assistance for dining, bathing, and dressing.
- Level IV is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or several activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of physical assistance on a daily basis.
- Level V is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as, usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis.
Discover the benefits Benchmark Senior Living communities offer seniors and their families.
For over 25 years and with 64 senior living communities across 7 states throughout the Northeast, Benchmark Senior Living residents enjoy:
- Personalized, needs-based care
- Dedicated associates and care teams
- Engaging programming and activities
- Upscale amenities and expansive services
- Award-winning dining programs
- Purposefully designed communities
- And much more!
Get In Touch
Schedule a tour, request more information, or contact a Benchmark Senior Living community near you!
A supportive community where seniors can stay connected to the people, passions and things that matter most to them.
Choose from studio, one and two-bedrooms in a variety of floor plans*. We offer private and shared apartment options.
Ample Common SpacesPlentiful living spaces, such as fitness centers and libraries, provide places to connect and be well.
Our Culture of CaringBenchmark associates have been hired for heart and trained for skill to enhance our residents’ quality of life.
Personalized AssistanceNeeds-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced Health SupportResident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Healthy Meals & SnacksThree delicious, chef-prepared meals and snacks served restaurant-style in the dining room or outside all day.
Concierge ServicesIncluded weekly housekeeping, linen service, trash service, appointment and transportation scheduling.
TransportationScheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Award-Winning ProgramsIndividualized and small group programs and trips throughout each day.
Learn More About Assisted Living
Need help determining costs or financing assisted living?
The cost of assisted living can vary based on a number of factors. Once you find a Benchmark assisted living community that’s right for you, our quick, 4-step assessment will help determine your monthly costs.
The Financial Concierge Service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
Is It The Right Time For Assisted Living?
Learn about your options and get personalized results in about 2 minutes.
*Some services may be subject to additional fees and amenities and services may vary by community. Please consult
a specific location for additional information.