Assisted Living -
Coachman Square keeps seniors connected to new and old passions with engaging experiences in an elegant setting.
Personalized assisted living support from staff is tailored to individual needs while charming amenities offer luxury and convenience. Help with things like bathing and dressing and other services makes it easy for seniors to spend time doing what they love, whether it be attending grand parties or visiting the nearby New Haven waterfront.
Assisted Living Levels of Care
- Level I is for residents who are no longer fully independent, but whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders and who require little or no physical assistance.
- Level II is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a moderate level of physical assistance with activities of daily living. An example would be a resident who needs some physical assistance with bathing.
- Level III is for residents who require a substantial amount of physical assistance with some activities of daily living, due either to care needs or behaviors. Example would be a resident requiring substantial or total physical assistance for dining, bathing, and dressing.
- Level IV is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or several activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of physical assistance on a daily basis.
- Level V is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as, usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis.
Private apartments provide a personal retreat from vibrant community life
Stately, private apartments overlooking our tree-lined campus are decorated according to each residents’ tastes. A wide variety of common living spaces are easily accessed for fun with new and old friends, including games in the pub and billiards room, lunches on the outdoor patio and treats in the ice cream parlor.
A culture of caring that continually strives for excellence, experiences that nurture passions and luxurious amenities that feel like home.
Our residents choose from studio and one-bedroom apartments in a variety of floor plans.
Common Living Spaces
Residents have access to a wide variety of living areas and amenities, such as a hair salon, fitness center and large library.
Culture of Caring
Our Benchmark associates have been hired for heart and trained for skill to enhance our residents’ quality of life.
Personalized Assisted Living Support
We offer needs-based help with activities of daily living, such as medication management and reminders, as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced Health Support
Our residents have easy access to on-site medical services, such as physician and specialist visits.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
In our formal dining room, large outdoor patio, pub and ice cream parlor, residents savor three delicious, chef-prepared meals and snacks served restaurant-style all day.
Weekly housekeeping, linen service, trash service and appointment scheduling are included for each of our residents.
We provide scheduled, local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers, community events and more.
Throughout each day, residents choose from individualized and small group programming and trips.
Learn More About Assisted Living
Need help determining costs or financing assisted living?
The cost of assisted living can vary based on a number of factors. Once you find a Benchmark assisted living community that’s right for you, our quick, 4-step assessment will help determine your monthly costs.
The Financial Concierge Service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
Is it the right time to consider senior
*Some services may be subject to additional fees and amenities and services may vary by community. Please consult
a specific location for additional information.