Assisted Living -
Academy Point captivates seniors with one-of-a-kind experiences and fantastic water views.
Assisted living support, such as help with medication management, is provided by staff who are continually recognized for going the extra mile. Assistance is tailored to individual needs so residents can participate in exclusive programs that nurture passions and fine-dine with friends overlooking the Mystic River.
How is Assisted Living different?
All the benefits of Benchmark Independent Living with personalized assistance,
security and enhanced nutritional support.
Assisted Living Levels of Care
- Level I is for residents who are no longer fully independent, but whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders and who require little or no physical assistance.
- Level II is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a moderate level of physical assistance with activities of daily living. An example would be a resident who needs some physical assistance with bathing.
- Level III is for residents who require a substantial amount of physical assistance with some activities of daily living, due either to care needs or behaviors. Example would be a resident requiring substantial or total physical assistance for dining, bathing, and dressing.
- Level IV is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or several activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of physical assistance on a daily basis.
- Level V is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as, usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis.
Private, light-filled apartments steps from must-see attractions and refined amenities
Individual apartments surrounded by historical charm are the perfect place to call home. Shared amenities such as the Sky Lounge, media room or outdoor courtyard are available for socialization. Outside our doors, picturesque Mystic beckons with its many shops, museums and food destinations.
Award-winning associates, compassionate care, outstanding experiences and sophisticated amenities that enhance quality of life
Our residents choose from studio and one-bedroom apartments in a variety of floor plans.
Common Living Spaces
Residents have access to many living spaces and amenities, such as a hair salon*, library and demonstration kitchen.
Culture of Caring
Our Benchmark associates have been hired for heart and trained for skill to enhance our residents’ quality of life.
Personalized Assisted Living Support
We offer needs-based help with activities of daily living, such as assistance with bathing, dressing and other services, as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced Health Support
Our residents have easy access to on-site medical services, such as healthcare provider visits and physical therapy*.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
In our formal dining room, outdoor patio and Sky Lounge, residents enjoy three delicious, chef-prepared meals and snacks served restaurant-style all day.
Weekly housekeeping, linen service, trash service and appointment scheduling are included for each of our residents.
We provide scheduled, local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers, community events and more.
Throughout each day, residents choose from individualized and small group programming and trips.
*Additional fees apply
Learn More About Assisted Living
Need help determining costs or financing assisted living?
The cost of assisted living can vary based on a number of factors. Once you find a Benchmark assisted living community that’s right for you, our quick, 4-step assessment will help determine your monthly costs.
The Financial Concierge Service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
Is it the right time to consider senior
*Some services may be subject to additional fees and amenities and services may vary by community. Please consult
a specific location for additional information.