U.S. News & World Report Names 40 Benchmark Communities to Best Senior Living 2023-2024 Ratings
Company Recognized for Second Straight Year with 53 Awards in U.S. News & World Report Senior Living Excellence Program
Benchmark Senior Living, the largest senior housing provider in New England, today announced that 40 of its Northeast continuing care, independent living, assisted living and Mind & Memory Care communities have been named U.S. News & World Report “Best” senior living communities, receiving a total of 53 awards for the second straight year.
U.S. News & World Report 2023-2024 Best Senior Living ratings are designed to ease the process of researching and choosing the right senior living community by directing consumers to only those who maintain high standards. Benchmark’s U.S. News success this year, like 2022, far outpaced the industry average for achieving “Best” status.
Benchmark communities achieved Best Continuing Care, Best Independent Living, Best Assisted Living and Best Memory Care designations by receiving the highest possible ratings in each category following a comprehensive consumer satisfaction survey. Residents and their family members gave their Benchmark community high marks in critical areas, such as safety, care, community management and staff, value, and other community services and amenities.
“We are honored and humbled that our residents and their families, once again, recognized the hard work, compassion, and dedication of our 6,000-plus associates. It’s their shared purpose of transforming lives through human connection that earned Benchmark these U.S. News & World Report awards and continues to separate Benchmark communities from other senior living companies,” said Tom Grape, founder, chairman and CEO of Benchmark.
The following Benchmark communities have been named a U.S. News & World Report 2023-2024 Best Senior Living community.
- Academy Point at Mystic, Mystic, Conn. – Best Memory Care
- Ashland Farm at North Andover, North Andover, Mass. – Best Memory Care
- Bay Square at Yarmouth, Yarmouth, Maine – Best Assisted Living
- Bedford Falls, Bedford, N.H. – Best Assisted Living & Best Memory Care
- Benchmark Senior Living at Billerica Crossings, Billerica, Mass. – Best Assisted Living & Best Memory Care
- Benchmark Senior Living at Chelmsford Crossings, Chelmsford, Mass. – Best Assisted Living
- Benchmark Senior Living at Forge Hill, Franklin, Mass. – Best Memory Care
- Benchmark Senior Living at Haverhill Crossings, Haverhill, Mass. – Best Memory Care
- Benchmark Senior Living at Leominster Crossings, Leominster, Mass. – Best Assisted Living
- Benchmark Senior Living at Nashua Crossings, Nashua, N.H. – Best Assisted Living
- Benchmark Senior Living at Plymouth Crossings, Plymouth, Mass. – Best Assisted Living
- Benchmark Senior Living at Putnam Farm, Danvers, Mass. – Best Assisted Living
- Benchmark Senior Living at Robbins Brook, Acton, Mass. – Best Assisted Living
- Benchmark Senior Living at Split Rock, Shelton, Conn. – Best Assisted Living & Best Memory Care
- Benchmark Senior Living at Waltham Crossings, Waltham, Mass. – Best Memory Care
- Benchmark Senior Living on Clapboardtree, Norwood, Mass. – Best Assisted Living & Best Memory Care
- Capitol Ridge at Providence, Providence, R.I. – Best Memory Care
- Carriage Green at Milford, Milford, Conn. – Best Memory Care
- Crescent Point at Niantic, Niantic, Conn. – Best Memory Care
- Edgehill, Stamford, Conn. – Best Continuing Care Retirement Community, Best Independent Living, Best Assisted Living & Best Memory Care
- Greystone Farm at Salem, Salem, N.H. – Best Assisted Living & Best Memory Care
- Harbor Point at Centerville, Centerville, Mass. – Best Memory Care
- Meadow Ridge, Redding, Conn. – Best Independent Living & Best Memory Care
- Middlebrook Farms at Trumbull, Trumbull, Conn. – Best Assisted Living
- New Pond Village – Best Independent Living
- Orchard Estate of Woodbury, Woodbury, N.Y. – Best Memory Care
- Tatnuck Park at Worcester, Worcester, Mass. – Best Assisted Living & Best Memory Care
- The Arbors at Shelburne, Shelburne, Vt. – Best Memory Care
- The Atrium at Cardinal Drive, Agawam, Mass. – Best Memory Care
- The Atrium at Drum Hill, North Chelmsford, Mass. – Best Memory Care
- The Birches of Concord, Concord, N.H. – Best Memory Care
- The Branches of North Attleboro, North Attleboro, Mass. – Best Assisted Living & Best Memory Care
- The Commons in Lincoln, Lincoln, Mass. – Best Assisted Living
- The Falls at Cordingly Dam, Newton Lower Falls, Mass. – Best Memory Care
- The Village at Buckland Court, South Windsor, Conn. – Best Assisted Living
- The Village at East Farms, Waterbury, Conn. – Best Memory Care
- The Village at Kensington Place, Meriden, Conn. – Best Assisted Living & Best Memory Care
- The Village at South Farms, Middletown, Conn. – Best Assisted Living
- The Village at Willow Crossings, Mansfield, Mass. – Best Assisted Living & Best Memory Care
- Whisper Woods of Smithtown, Smithtown, NY – Best Assisted Living
Benchmark communities offer various living experiences, including for those who are completely independent. Independent living or independent assisted living residents who don’t require help with daily tasks enjoy maintenance-free apartments with supportive neighbors and a wide-variety of on-site amenities, including chef-prepared meals.
For individuals who need help with tasks like getting dressed or medication management, Benchmark communities offer senior assisted living and memory care assisted living. Residents benefit from a safer, engaging environment, supportive living services like concierge services and housekeeping, a wide range of daily programs tailored to their interests and transportation to local appointments and events.
For those with Alzheimer’s and dementia, Benchmark communities offer an award-winning Mind & Memory Care program. Assisted living with memory care residents are supported by 24/7 care providers who have been hired for heart and educated in memory loss, communication and empathy. Carefully created living environments, cognitively stimulating programs and comfortable neighborhoods with purposeful amenities help those with memory loss find joy in each new day.
For individuals and couples who want the peace-of-mind and convenience of having access to all care levels and services as they age, Benchmark’s Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs) in Massachusetts and Connecticut offer services like independent living, assisted living, Mind & Memory Care, rehabilitation and skilled nursing care on one campus. In addition, residents also relish high levels of hospitality and luxurious amenities that make life easy and enjoyable.
Benchmark Senior Living is also a respite care provider for seniors who need temporary assisted living or Mind & Memory Care, such as help recovering from a health incident or overcoming a caregiving gap.
For more than 30 years, U.S. News has served the American public as an unbiased arbiter of quality across a variety of important choices. Whether picking a college, selecting a hospital or moving to a nursing home, consumers go to U.S. News to research and make consequential life decisions.
“For the second consecutive year, U.S. News is providing in-depth information to help potential residents and their loved ones find the best place to help meet their needs,” said Sumita Singh, senior vice president and general manager of Healthcare at U.S. News. “Communities that are highly rated excel in making residents feel safe, well cared for and highly satisfied by the services provided.”
For more information about the U.S. News Best Senior Living program or to review each community’s profile, visit http://health.usnews.com/best-senior-living.
About Benchmark Senior Living
Benchmark is New England’s largest senior living provider with 65 independent living, assisted living, memory care and continuing care communities and over 5,000 dedicated associates providing compassionate care and outstanding experiences throughout the Northeast. The Waltham, Mass.-based company was founded over 25 years ago by Tom Grape with the purpose of Transforming Lives Through Human Connection. Since then, Benchmark has continued to set the industry standard, having won over a hundred local, regional and national awards for its care, programs and as a top workplace. Benchmark has been named one of the Top Places to Work for 15 straight years in The Boston Globe’s annual employee-based survey and received repeated recognition in FORTUNE’s Best Workplaces for Aging Services list. For more information, visit BenchmarkSeniorLiving.com.