Mind & Memory
Care - Orchard Valley
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Orchard Valley at Wilbraham residents receive around-the-clock support overseen by expert associates with advanced care readily available to help those with dementia age well. Catering to their overall wellbeing, our residents also benefit from specially designed therapeutic programs that focus on their emotional, social, physical and nutritional health needs.
Our Mind & Memory Care offers care and experiences for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia that’s continually recognized as being among the best. Our care starts at the top with our knowledgeable community leaders. Our leaders have decades of education and experience addressing dementia as well as hand-selecting and overseeing our compassionate caregivers who provide personalized, needs-based care that supports individual abilities with great skill.
How is Mind & Memory Care Different?
All the benefits of Benchmark Assisted Living with a specialized program and
environment for the unique needs of those with memory impairment.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Not only do we create and refine personalized care plans according to our resident’s specific needs, but we offer superior support capabilities that are unique to the area. To accommodate our residents’ changing needs and potentially eliminate disruptive moves down the road, we offer additional services like two-person assists, mechanical lifts, feeding assistance and specialized diets.
Our Mind & Memory Care also includes specialized wellness programs tried and tested throughout our over 25 years of experience. Art therapy projects, such as group mural making, painting and displaying in our gallery, helps boost cognitive function, communication and socialization. Our residents also enjoy live music, a culinary club and many seasonal celebrations.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Renowned directors with education in health administration, gerontology, communication sciences and disorders and psychology overseeing our entire community
- 24/7 assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, by caregivers schooled in memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- A multi-sensory stimulating environment where residents can smell fresh bread baking, participate in colorful projects, be inspired to recall long-term memories and take trips to many local scenic attractions
- Secure neighborhoods with ample spaces to enjoy and explore—outdoor patio with seasonal dining and raised garden beds, hair salon and spa, art gallery and living spaces in which to relax or connect with others
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
BENCHMARK'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Benchmark's response was swift, impactful and well received. Our residents' and associates' health and safety is always our top priority.
We were one of the first senior living providers to begin limiting, restricting and screening visitors and associates in our communities. With policies guided by leading experts, we are maintaining strict infection control procedures, are closely screening and testing associates and residents when needed. We have mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our associates company-wide. We are thrilled to have 96% of our residents vaccinated. All while delivering frequent, transparent communication, which has continued to earn us high praise from our residents and their families.