Mind & Memory
Care - Adelaide of
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Adelaide of Newton Centre residents prosper thanks to a unique combination of nationally recognized design, application of some of the latest art, technology and science and 24/7 nursing care in partnership with McLean and Newton-Wellesley Hospitals. Also, cutting-edge daily programs by attentive staff that engages mind and body.
Our Mind & Memory Care offers care and experiences for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia that’s continually recognized as being among the best. Our one-of-a-kind care includes on-site medical expertise from some of the area’s top geriatric psychiatrists, neuropsychologists and internists combined with dedicated, attentive staff providing personalized, needs-based care that supports individual abilities.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Adelaide’s 24/7 nursing team remains at the forefront with personalized care plans and supportive services that have been designed for each resident. Care begins with a dedicated caregiver for the first 48 hours to help ensure a successful transition into their new home. In addition, if an emergency hospital visit is ever required, you have peace of mind knowing we’ll accompany them so they feel safe and secure.
Our cutting-edge Mind & Memory Care also leverages technology, specialized equipment and programs to address brain health, physicality and create therapeutic experiences. The Elev8® Mind Studio Brain Gym and Elev8® Fitness Center engages residents in virtual realities, ergonomic and cognitive challenges. We also surround our residents with interactive wall art and visual stimulation, which sets the stage for a wide variety of arts and horticulture therapy programs.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Licensed nurse on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Dedicated social worker to coordinate care and serve as a direct communication line for families
- Medical care provided in partnership with McLean and Newton-Wellesley Hospitals in Elev8® Wellness Center
- Round-the-clock assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, by caregivers educated in memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- An environment wholly dedicated to stimulating senses with meals prepared in an open kitchen, on-site coffee bar, interactive wall art and paintings provided by DeCordova Museum and ample green spaces and gardens indoors and out
- Large, light-filled and secure neighborhoods that can be explored independently—indoor and outdoor courtyards, plentiful living spaces in which to engage or relax, multiple recreation rooms, Elev8® hair salon and more
- Chef-prepared, MIND Diet meals served restaurant-style in our open dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.