Mind & Memory
Care - Bedford Falls
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Bedford Falls Mind & Memory Care residents receive award-winning dementia care 24/7 and participate in dynamic programs all-day long guided by a dedicated, tenured team.
How is Mind & Memory Care Different?
All the benefits of Benchmark Assisted Living with a specialized program and
environment for the unique needs of those with memory impairment.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Because every resident’s diagnosis and its effect is unique, we create a customized care plan that shares a common goal—maximizing their independence. Our residents receive how much or how little they need based on where they are.
We also go beyond physical health to address who our residents are and what they like to do by offering programs that nurture their passions and connections. Meaningful individual and group programs and Clubs, including watercolor painting, clever crafts, our Cooking Club, live entertainment and seasonal celebrations add to the enjoyment of our residents’ days.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- 24/7 care by caregivers who are specially selected and educated about memory loss, effective communication, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- Thoughtful, home-like touches, visual cues and purposeful amenities like journey stations and memory boxes to maximize comfort and wellness
- Appealing smells like freshly baked goods and fresh flowers and daily programs such as gardening and off-site trips to restaurants and shops that support cognition
- Secure neighborhoods and living spaces like spacious patios, a beauty salon and a private dining room for family functions, so residents have the freedom to explore
- Restaurant-style, chef-prepared meals formally served in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.