Mind & Memory
Care - Benchmark at
MIND & MEMORY CARE
At Benchmark at Rye, individuals with memory loss receive loving care directed by an occupational therapist and nurses 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Every day, our residents engage with others who are committed to nurturing connections over holistic programs focused on addressing short and long-term memory.
How is Mind & Memory Care Different?
All the benefits of Benchmark Assisted Living with a specialized program and
environment for the unique needs of those with memory impairment.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Each of our residents has unique abilities and needs, and our individualized care plans are created to account for both. At Benchmark at Rye, our residents are empowered to take care of themselves in the areas they can and rely on our skilled care providers for the help they need.
Besides physical health, our program is focused on their emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual wellness. We address all five dimensions of wellness through engaging, interest-oriented programs, including pet therapy, excursions to local beaches and scenic sites, baking classes, live music, gardening and classic car shows.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Occupational therapist with over a decade of experience directing Mind & Memory Care
- Around-the-clock nursing care and assistance with activities of daily living by associates who are specially selected and educated about memory loss, effective communication, empathy and Benchmark’s nationally award-winning Connect First communication program
- Visual cues and sensory stimulation all through our neighborhoods to provide familiarity and enhance wellness with delicious smells and soothing sounds
- Our entire community is secure and features many spaces residents can enjoy with independence, including an outdoor patio with seasonal dining, gardening and a beautiful water feature, spacious living areas and dining rooms, light-filled sunrooms, physical therapy studio, hair salon and more
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.