Mind & Memory
Care - Benchmark Senior
Living at Split Rock
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Benchmark Senior Living at Split Rock residents are supported 24/7 by some of the area’s most accomplished and educated memory care nurses and leaders. In a contemporary setting that’s been created with their needs as number one, they also participate in award-winning programs, including our signature art and music therapy offerings, that help them prosper.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
At Benchmark, individuals with dementia are empowered to do some things independently and rely on our healthcare providers and caregivers for others. In addition to leadership that is continually growing with advanced education and oversight from a registered nurse with over a decade of experience, our residents benefit from increased care capabilities and supportive on-site medical services.
Our Mind & Memory Care also focuses full-time on their emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual wellness with daily group and individual programs that give feelings of purpose and belonging. Our dedicated programming team makes it possible for our residents to engage in meaningful interactions over activities like Benchmark Strong fitness classes, live music performances, Asian brush painting, gardening and community service projects.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Resident care overseen by a dedicated team of nurses, including a registered nurse with over a decade of experience
- Signature expressive arts therapy program with on-staff art and music therapists
- Around-the-clock nursing care and assistance with activities of daily living by associates who are specially selected and educated about memory loss, effective communication, empathy and Benchmark’s nationally award-winning Connect First communication program
- Visual cues and sensory stimulation all through our neighborhoods to provide familiarity and enhance wellness with resident memory boxes and journey stations
- Modern, secure neighborhoods with shared spaces like cozy sitting areas with fireplaces, outdoor patio with raised garden beds, formal dining room, on-site medical office for resident visits, hair salon and more.
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
BENCHMARK'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Benchmark's response was swift, impactful and well received. Our residents' and associates' health and safety is always our top priority.
We were one of the first senior living providers to begin limiting, restricting and screening visitors and associates in our communities. With policies guided by leading experts, we are maintaining strict infection control procedures, are closely screening and testing associates and residents when needed. We have mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our associates company-wide. We are thrilled to have 96% of our residents vaccinated. All while delivering frequent, transparent communication, which has continued to earn us high praise from our residents and their families.