Mind & Memory
Care - Benchmark at
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Benchmark Senior Living at Forge Hill residents are supported with renowned care around-the-clock overseen by a hospital-trained registered nurse with over a decade of experience. In addition, effective, engaging experiences all day long that nurture connections and address dementia symptoms.
How is Mind & Memory Care Different?
All the benefits of Benchmark Assisted Living with a specialized program and
environment for the unique needs of those with memory impairment.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Dementia is multi-faceted, and the most effective environments address each layer. Our comprehensive care plans for each individual support their desire for independence and evolve to meet changing needs. Our residents are empowered to do the activities of daily living they can and lean on us for support when they need it.
Our personalized care allows our residents to engage in a wide variety of meaningful, proven programs that support their cognitive health. Music therapy like live string quartets relaxes and transports them to a different time and place. Planting and harvesting calms and provides a sense of purpose. Chair yoga classes energize and improve flexibility and strength. These are just some of the many ways our residents spend their days.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Resident care overseen by a registered nurse
- 24/7 help with daily living tasks, such as showering and medication management, by care providers educated in brain health, compassion and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- An inspiring environment that caters to all senses with delightful smells, delicious tastes, soothing sounds, a variety of textures to touch and many things to see and do
- Homey neighborhoods with security, so they have the freedom to be autonomous—patio with seasonal outdoor dining, formal dining rooms with open kitchens, plentiful living spaces in which to relax and have fun, hair salon and more
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
BENCHMARK'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Benchmark's response was swift, impactful and well received. Our residents' and associates' health and safety is always our top priority.
We were one of the first senior living providers to begin limiting, restricting and screening visitors and associates in our communities. With policies guided by leading experts, we are maintaining strict infection control procedures, are closely screening and testing associates and residents when needed. We have mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our associates company-wide. We are thrilled to have 96% of our residents vaccinated. All while delivering frequent, transparent communication, which has continued to earn us high praise from our residents and their families.