Mind & Memory
Care - Benchmark
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Benchmark Senior Living on Clapboardtree residents are cared for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by award-winning caregivers who know them. They also enjoy research-based individual and group programs throughout each day, some in conjunction with area students.
Our Mind & Memory Care offers award-winning care and experiences so those with Alzheimer’s and dementia can prosper. It starts with our devoted associates who prioritize positive human connections in all they do and deliver personalized, needs-based care that supports individual abilities.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Person-centered care is critical to helping those with dementia maintain their sense of self. Our tailor-made plan for each resident maximizes independence by empowering them to continue doing the activities they can while supporting them with the help they need.
In addition to help with daily living, our residents participate in engaging, research-based holistic programs that have been tested and refined over 25 years. A signature of our community is our relationship with Xaverian Brothers High School, which engages residents and students in activities that support brain health. Other programs that support cognition include Benchmark Strong fitness classes, outdoor concerts and creative pursuits like floral arranging.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Community oversight by a tenured executive director with a passion for senior living
- Round-the-clock assistance with daily living, such as help with bathing and dressing, by friendly, high-skilled caregivers trained in memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- Specially designed environment focused on stimulating all five senses with appealing smells, many things to see, do and hear
- Comfortable and plentiful home-like spaces that residents can explore on their own and spend time in with the safety of a secure setting—large outdoor courtyard with seasonal dining and raised garden beds, hair salon, private family dining room and kitchen and more
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
BENCHMARK'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Benchmark's response was swift, impactful and well received. Our residents' and associates' health and safety is always our top priority.
We were one of the first senior living providers to begin limiting, restricting and screening visitors and associates in our communities. With policies guided by leading experts, we are maintaining strict infection control procedures, are closely screening and testing associates and residents when needed. We have mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our associates company-wide. We are thrilled to have 96% of our residents vaccinated. All while delivering frequent, transparent communication, which has continued to earn us high praise from our residents and their families.