Mind & Memory
Care - Benchmark at
MIND & MEMORY CARE
At Benchmark Senior Living at Plymouth Crossings, individuals with Alzheimer’s and dementia are embraced and become part of our extended family from the moment they move in. Around-the-clock care and memorable experiences by long-time staff who love what they do are a source of our strong community pride.
Our Mind & Memory Care offers award-winning care and experiences so those with Alzheimer’s and dementia can prosper. From maintenance to resident care, our entire team has been Called to Care for our residents and enjoys providing personalized, needs-based care that supports individual abilities. We take the time to get to know who they are and what brings them joy and use every opportunity to create lasting relationships.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Genuinely caring for someone means always wanting to do what’s best for them as an individual. We treat every resident as a whole person and design care according to their precise needs. With every interaction, we seek to provide varying support levels that strengthen bonds between those living with dementia, their families, and our associates.
One of the standout features of our Mind & Memory Care is our daily experiences which are tailored to their abilities and interests. Using what we know about each resident, we engage them in a wide variety of programs, including trips to local events, museums, Cape Cod and the islands, Monday Manicures that offer one-on-one connection and pampering, live musical performances and special luncheons and cookouts.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- 24/7 help with daily living tasks, such as bathing and dressing, by caregivers who receive advanced training in dementia, compassion and Benchmark’s nationally award-winning Connect First communication program
- Active setting that encourages reminiscing and awakens senses with tempting smells, ongoing activity and meals that excite
- Homey, secure neighborhoods with shared spaces in which to relax or engage with others—outdoor patio with seasonal covered dining, light-filled sunrooms, cozy dining rooms with open kitchens, hair salon and more
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style on colorful plates with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
BENCHMARK'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Benchmark's response was swift, impactful and well received. Our residents' and associates' health and safety is always our top priority.
We were one of the first senior living providers to begin limiting, restricting and screening visitors and associates in our communities. With policies guided by leading experts, we are maintaining strict infection control procedures, are closely screening and testing associates and residents when needed. We have mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our associates company-wide. We are thrilled to have 96% of our residents vaccinated. All while delivering frequent, transparent communication, which has continued to earn us high praise from our residents and their families.