Mind & Memory
Care - Benchmark Senior
Living at Putnam Farm
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Benchmark Senior Living at Putnam Farm residents receive award-winning, around-the-clock care overseen by a dedicated senior care nurse for over 25 years. They also benefit from goal-oriented programs to help preserve short and long-term memory, improve cognitive skills and create rewarding days.
Our Mind & Memory Care offers award-winning care and experiences so those with Alzheimer’s and dementia can prosper. Our carefully chosen associates receive exceptional training and are committed to prioritizing human connection while providing personalized, needs-based care that supports individual abilities.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
The needs of each person with dementia are unique and often change, which is why our care is entirely customized. Our residents benefit from tailor-made plans that continually evolve. We also focus on supporting our residents in what they can do instead of what they can’t.
Keeping our residents active and engaged with scientifically proven programs that cater to their interests and overall wellness is another way our program is better. Our residents receive relaxation benefits while deriving great enjoyment and a sense of pride from daily offerings like healing with pets, arts programs that allow them to create and show off their work, ballroom dancing and music therapy using instruments.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Experience nurse oversight of resident care for the entire community and our Mind & Memory Care program
- 24/7 assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, by caregivers trained in memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- A lively environment and experiences that stimulate auditory, tactile, visual and olfactory sensory skills
- Comfortable, secure neighborhoods with spaces they can explore independently or with others—outdoor patio, aquatic hydrotherapy bath, plentiful living spaces, hair salon and more
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
- Conveniently located next door to a short-term rehabilitation facility
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
BENCHMARK'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Benchmark's response was swift, impactful and well received. Our residents' and associates' health and safety is always our top priority.
We were one of the first senior living providers to begin limiting, restricting and screening visitors and associates in our communities. With policies guided by leading experts, we are maintaining strict infection control procedures, are closely screening and testing associates and residents when needed. We have mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our associates company-wide. We are thrilled to have 96% of our residents vaccinated. All while delivering frequent, transparent communication, which has continued to earn us high praise from our residents and their families.