Mind & Memory
Care - Benchmark at
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Benchmark Senior Living at Waltham Crossings residents’ benefit some of the area’s best 24/7 memory care from long-time staff overseen by a social worker and nurse. Also, impactful individual and group programs that address physical and cognitive skills like music and movement classes throughout the day.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
From our unique neighborhood design to our personalized care, every aspect of our Mind & Memory Care puts their needs first. Our attentive care is among the best because we know our residents and modify plans when things change. Our care also caters to the independence they desire with support provided only for what they truly need for safety and security.
We also cater to their overall health with a wide variety of holistic-oriented programs that cater to all aspects of their wellness. For example, Forever Fit exercise classes, spiritual services and celebrations for all denominations, pet therapy visits and live entertainment experiences are offered according to their interests and needs.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Program oversight by an experienced social worker and tenured community nurse
- 24/7 assistance with daily living activities, such as bathing and dressing, by caregivers specially selected and educated about memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s nationally acclaimed Connect First communication program
- Lively neighborhoods that engage all senses and foster reminiscing with delicious smells and meals and fun things to do and hear
- Comfortable and secure common spaces residents can explore on their own—outdoor patio with seasonal dining, intimate dining rooms with cozy kitchens, light-filled sunrooms, hair salon, fitness center and private dining room for family functions
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
BENCHMARK'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Benchmark's response was swift, impactful and well received. Our residents' and associates' health and safety is always our top priority.
We were one of the first senior living providers to begin limiting, restricting and screening visitors and associates in our communities. With policies guided by leading experts, we are maintaining strict infection control procedures, are closely screening and testing associates and residents when needed. We have mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our associates company-wide. We are thrilled to have 96% of our residents vaccinated. All while delivering frequent, transparent communication, which has continued to earn us high praise from our residents and their families.