Mind & Memory
Care - Benchmark at
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Benchmark Senior Living at Billerica Crossings residents benefit some of the area’s best 24/7 memory care and expertise overseen by a renowned healthcare leader with decades of experience. Also, insightful individual and group programs throughout the day address cognitive skills and give feelings of purpose and accomplishment.
How is Mind & Memory Care Different?
All the benefits of Benchmark Assisted Living with a specialized program and
environment for the unique needs of those with memory impairment.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Our award-winning care is among the best because we really know our residents, and regularly revise their personal care plans using that knowledge. Our care also caters to the independence they desire with support provided only for what they truly need for safety and security.
We also address their short and long-term memory and cognitive skills with a wide variety of programs that allow them to find joy in each new day. For example, our days often start with musical morning to energize and end with social hours to help our residents continue their routines. Throughout the day, we offer programs like baking classes, pet and horticultural therapy and bowling according to their interests.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Community oversight by an experienced director and physical therapist for over 20 years
- 24/7 assistance with daily living activities, such as bathing and dressing, by caregivers specially selected and educated about memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s nationally acclaimed Connect First communication program
- Lively neighborhoods that engage all senses and foster reminiscing with the smells of cookies baking, colorful things to see and programs with exciting things to touch
- Secure common spaces that residents can explore on their own—outdoor patio with raised garden beds and seasonal dining under the shade of a pergola, formal dining room with open kitchen, hair salon and more
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.