Mind & Memory
Care - The Birches
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Birches at Concord residents are supported by our community of dementia caregivers 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and energized by our team to take part in an abundance of fun, engaging experiences that connect our residents to us and each other.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Our community is dedicated to caring for dementia in a way where every resident is unique. Each resident has a customized care plan in which we reinforce their independence by providing only the help they need to support their safety and overall well-being.
In taking a holistic perspective on our residents’ health, we believe that physical health is but one aspect. Catering to our residents’ emotional, social, spiritual and intellectual health is equally important and a cornerstone with programs like off-site excursions to local farms and gardens, pet therapy, virtual trips to different countries through culture, food, music and traditions and ice cream socials.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Round-the-clock compassionate care by a team trained in memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- Home-like amenities, visual cues and features that make our residents feel at home, including journey stations and treasures chests that transport them to a different time and place
- Activities to stimulate cognitive abilities such as the familiar smell of fresh bread baking to increase appetite and the scents of fresh flower arranging to evoke memories
- Secure neighborhoods with shared spaces in which to relax and connect—a spa complete with zen room and calming hydrotherapy bath, recreation room to enjoy a good game of pool, country kitchen, outdoor courtyard with seasonal dining and more
- Restaurant-style, chef-prepared meals formally served with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.