Mind & Memory
Care - Blenheim
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Blenheim-Newport residents benefit from care providers overseen by a registered nurse who are always there providing around-the-clock support. Also, daily, interest-oriented programs by tenured staff concentrated on helping our residents make the most of each day.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
We stay a step ahead with a personalized care plan created for each individuals’ unique needs and offer supportive services, so they remain empowered as they age. Our residents continue the activities of daily living they can manage on their own because we only provide them with what they need to age well.
Our program is also designed with signature programs and socialization that holistically addresses our residents’ health. We begin our days with current events and Benchmark Strong fitness classes to address strength and balance, followed by events like pet therapy, stimulating crafts, dance lessons and religious services, and Garden and Fiber Arts Clubs.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Registered nurse overseeing the entire community and our Mind & Memory Care program
- 24/7 assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, by caregivers schooled in memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- A multi-sensory oriented environment where residents can smell fresh bread baking, participate in flower arranging and take excursions to Newport’s many recreational opportunities
- Secure neighborhoods with spaces that can be explored independently if possible—courtyards with a gazebo, seasonal outdoor dining and raised garden beds, hallways and living spaces to stroll and chat, hair salon, dining room for private family functions and more
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
BENCHMARK'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Benchmark's response was swift, impactful and well received. Our residents' and associates' health and safety is always our top priority.
We were one of the first senior living providers to begin limiting, restricting and screening visitors and associates in our communities. With policies guided by leading experts, we are maintaining strict infection control procedures, are closely screening and testing associates and residents when needed. We have mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our associates company-wide. We are thrilled to have 96% of our residents vaccinated. All while delivering frequent, transparent communication, which has continued to earn us high praise from our residents and their families.