Mind & Memory
Care - Coachman Square
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Coachman Square at Woodbridge residents prosper by being part of a dynamic, supportive community overseen by a trained psychologist and tenured associates providing 24/7 care. Our residents also thrive thanks to a cognitively stimulating environment that promotes having fun and making every day joyful.
Our Mind & Memory Care offers dementia care and experiences rooted in passion, pride and a desire to be the best. Our chosen associates provide personalized, needs-based care that supports individual abilities using advanced education and a commitment to making each and every interaction rewarding.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Our care planning process identifies what each resident needs to be both supported in the best way possible and empowered to have a sense of independence. Increased feelings of dignity come with doing things for themselves while we provide support for the help they really need.
Our over 25 years of experience caring for those with memory loss has also shown us that cognitive stimulation, socialization and connections are equally important. Our holistic-focused program caters to each of our resident’s wellness needs with the likes of live music, cooking classes and demonstrations, prayer groups, drumming classes and Artist-in-Me art therapy projects.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Trained psychologist oversight of our entire community, including Mind & Memory Care
- Day and nighttime help with daily living activities, such as dressing and assistance getting to activities, by caregivers educated in memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- A stimulating environment geared to engaging all of the senses and evoking memories using appealing smells, interesting colors and textures and enjoyable sounds
- Secure neighborhoods with generous living areas and cozy nooks they can enjoy with confidence—large outdoor patio offering seasonal dining, themed journey stations to help recall long-term memories, music corner to listen to the piano and favorite albums and more
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.