Mind & Memory
Care - Crescent Point
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Crescent Point at Niantic residents benefit from round-the-clock support that’s given with lots of love and high levels of skill with care overseen by a registered nurse. We also get to know our residents and offer experiences that cater to their abilities, needs and celebrate their lives.
Our Mind & Memory Care offers award-winning care and experiences so those with Alzheimer’s and dementia can prosper. It begins with our team who’ve been specially selected and expertly educated to deliver personalized, needs-based care that supports individual abilities. Human connection is at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate feelings of belonging and purpose and strengthen bonds between those living with dementia, their families and our associates.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
We take great pride in tailoring care precisely to their individual needs and staying a step ahead using personalized care plans. Our plans help our residents age well by maximizing their current capabilities and providing support for only the tasks they need assistance with.
Our program also includes holistic experiences throughout each day that allow our residents the opportunity to find joy in each new day. We offer creative classes that stimulate the senses and help improve cognitive skills, such as our signature Art at Heart program, pottery making and baking club. Programs like off-site trips to local restaurants, museums and local landmarks energize while live music, and pet therapy relaxes.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Registered nurse overseeing resident care, including our Mind & Memory Care program
- 24/7 assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, by caregivers educated in memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- A multi-sensory environment where residents experience appealing smells, foods and sounds that evoke memories and vibrant colors
- Secure neighborhoods with plenty of spaces, many with water views that can be explored independently—outdoor courtyard with seasonal outdoor dining, hallways and living areas to stroll and chat, hair salon and more
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
BENCHMARK'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Benchmark's response was swift, impactful and well received. Our residents' and associates' health and safety is always our top priority.
We were one of the first senior living providers to begin limiting, restricting and screening visitors and associates in our communities. With policies guided by leading experts, we are maintaining strict infection control procedures, are closely screening and testing associates and residents when needed. We have mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our associates company-wide. We are thrilled to have 96% of our residents vaccinated. All while delivering frequent, transparent communication, which has continued to earn us high praise from our residents and their families.