Mind & Memory
Care - The Falls at
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Residents at The Falls at Cordingly Dam benefit from long-time leadership and staff who provide personalized support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Also, lively programs every hour that nurture our residents’ connections with their loved ones, us and each other as well as their personal memories and interests.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Caring about someone means always wanting to do what’s best for them. We anticipate what lies ahead with personalized care plans that prescribe the assistance our residents need and facilitate supportive healthcare services. By providing only what they require for safety and security, our residents are able to maintain their dignity and experience maximized independence.
Our program also includes acclaimed activities and events that have been carefully researched and crafted to address the specific wellness needs of those with dementia. Our signature expressive arts therapy classes and intergenerational offerings are a cornerstone of our acclaim. Residents enjoy creating soundtracks of their lives, participating in live musical performances and a wide variety of collaborative art and music therapy projects.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Around-the-clock assistance with daily living activities, such as showering and dressing, by tenured, skilled caregivers committed to relationship-building
- Signature expressive arts therapy program with on-staff, certified arts and music therapists
- Ongoing sensory stimulation with relaxing sounds, appetizing smells and energizing colors gained through on and off-site programs
- Secure neighborhoods with spacious common areas that can be explored independently with confidence—a rooftop deck with outdoor dining and raised garden beds overlooking the Charles River, living spaces in which to connect, hair salon and more
- Delicious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with a specialization in religious traditions and special diets. Additional dietary support is also available.
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
BENCHMARK'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Benchmark's response was swift, impactful and well received. Our residents' and associates' health and safety is always our top priority.
We were one of the first senior living providers to begin limiting, restricting and screening visitors and associates in our communities. With policies guided by leading experts, we are maintaining strict infection control procedures, are closely screening and testing associates and residents when needed. We have mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our associates company-wide. We are thrilled to have 96% of our residents vaccinated. All while delivering frequent, transparent communication, which has continued to earn us high praise from our residents and their families.