Mind & Memory
Care - Greenwich Farms
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Greenwich Farms at Warwick residents benefit from specially trained, 24/7 caregivers overseen by a director who’s been widely recognized for innovation. Also, creative programs throughout each day led by committed staff that gives residents a sense of pride and accomplishment.
How is Mind & Memory Care Different?
All the benefits of Benchmark Assisted Living with a specialized program and
environment for the unique needs of those with memory impairment.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
We remain at the forefront by really knowing our residents, creating and regularly modifying personal care plans and offering on-site supportive services. Our residents continue doing the daily living activities they can with only the support they need from us to remain as independent as possible.
Our program includes many signature programs and socialization that not only caters to individual interests and overall health and wellness but also makes family a part of it. Cultivating resident memory books that document and honor our residents’ lives, memory gardens with many meaningful features, and offering cooking demonstrations that inspire are just some of the many ways we engage our residents and their loved ones each day.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Oversight by an award-winning director committed to innovation
- 24/7 assistance with daily living activities, such as bathing and dressing, by caregivers specially selected and educated in memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s nationally acclaimed Connect First communication program
- Multi-sensory oriented neighborhoods and off-site trips to stimulate and increase appetite
- Secure common spaces that residents can explore on their own--courtyards with raised garden beds and walking paths, plentiful living spaces in which to connect or have fun, hair salon to keep routine or get pampered, dining room for private family functions and more
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
BENCHMARK'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Benchmark's response was swift, impactful and well received. Our residents' and associates' health and safety is always our top priority.
We were one of the first senior living providers to begin limiting, restricting and screening visitors and associates in our communities. With policies guided by leading experts, we are maintaining strict infection control procedures, are closely screening and testing associates and residents when needed. We have mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our associates company-wide. We are thrilled to have 96% of our residents vaccinated. All while delivering frequent, transparent communication, which has continued to earn us high praise from our residents and their families.