Mind & Memory
Care - Greystone Farm
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Greystone Farm at Salem residents and their families enjoy the peace of mind that comes with having some of the area’s best memory care facilitated by experienced registered nurses 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Also, the assurances that loved ones are active, happy and engaged thanks to attentive staff and specially designed programs.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Our nurse leaders create and refine individualized care plans and coordinate supportive services so our residents can age well. With reverence for dignity and sense of self, we focus on providing just the right amount of support our residents need.
Equally important is our dedicated programming team who gets to know our residents and designs programs according to their needs. Every hour, our residents participate in any number of individual and group programs to address their overall health. Relaxing live music amongst the trees, fitness classes that address strength and balance and events that honor special times in their lives are some of the many programs we make possible.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Experienced and tenured registered nurses overseeing the entire community and our Mind & Memory Care program
- Round-the-clock assistance with daily living activities, such as bathing and dressing, by caregivers educated in memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- An exciting environment that stimulates the senses and memories with pleasurable smells, ongoing vibrant activities that can be seen and heard and off-site trips for things like apple and pumpkin picking that delight
- Plenty of secure common spaces and nooks in cozy neighborhoods that help support independence—outdoor patio offering seasonal outdoor dining, hair salon and spa and plentiful living spaces in which to stroll and chat with neighbors
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.