Mind & Memory
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Where the needs of those with memory loss come first with individualized care and experiences to help them find joy in each new day.
How is Mind & Memory Care Different?
All the benefits of Benchmark Assisted Living with a specialized program and
environment for the unique needs of those with memory impairment.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Assistance with activities of daily living is customized to each residents’ needs. Help getting dressed each day, bathing or managing medication, are provided based only on what the resident needs to maximize their independence.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- 24/7 care by caregivers educated in memory loss, empathy and our award-winning Connect First communication program
- Multi-sensory environment and daily experiences to support cognition
- Secure neighborhood and living spaces so residents have the freedom to explore
- Dietary support, including feeding assistance and texture modified diets
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
Is Memory Care right for your loved one
*Some services may be subject to additional fees and amenities and services may vary by community. Please consult a
specific location for additional information.