Mind & Memory
Care - Middlebrook
Farms at Trumbull
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Middlebrook Farms at Trumbull’s memory care residents receive comprehensive care around the clock from experienced, educated staff who are committed to addressing their holistic health needs. Our customized daily experiences are guided by skilled providers who are hired for heart.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
With many different stages and types of memory impairment, we believe those differences need to be considered when it comes to their care. A personalized care plan created for each resident helps us stay at the forefront of our residents’ symptoms and makes it possible for them to remain self-sufficient in the areas they can.
We also cater to all aspects of their wellness with tailored one-on-one and group offerings that tap into their emotions, spirituality, socialization and intellectual needs. Programs like live piano performances, Benchmark Strong classes for strength and balance, themed parties that take our residents back to a different time, art therapy and challenges that address cognitive skills allows our residents to connect, have fun and feel purpose.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- 24/7 personal care and assistance with activities of daily living by providers who are hired for heart and trained for skill in subjects like memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- Visual cues, journey stations, treasure chests and other specialized design features to inspire reminiscing and strengthen awareness so residents feel comfortable
- Ongoing activity that employs all senses, including the smell of bread baking before meals, the sweet scents of fresh flowers, sounds they enjoy and trips to local attractions
- Secure neighborhoods with home-like living spaces and convenient features—outdoor patio with seasonal dining, cozy dining rooms with open kitchens that feel familiar, a beauty salon, aquatic hydrotherapy tub, large fitness center offering physical therapy and more
- Restaurant-style, chef-prepared meals formally served with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.