Mind & Memory
Care - The Atrium at
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Atrium at Drum Hill residents benefit from individualized dementia care 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and engage in quality experiences all day long guided by associates who are hired for heart and trained for skill.
How is Mind & Memory Care Different?
All the benefits of Benchmark Assisted Living with a specialized program and
environment for the unique needs of those with memory impairment.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Dementia affects each individual differently, and their care should address those differences. In adapting care to each resident and combining it with a specially designed environment where they have the opportunity to explore, we make it possible for our residents to live as independently as possible.
We also address our residents’ overall health by offering and skillfully encouraging them to engage in experiences that nurture their interests and connections. Programs like art appreciation, seasonal celebrations, cooking classes, pet therapy and even dance parties enhance physical, emotional, social, spiritual and intellectual health.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Round-the-clock care by care providers who are specially selected and educated about memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- Homey amenities, visual cues and purposeful features such as journey stations to encourage reminiscing and resident memory boxes to enhance familiarity
- Multi-sensory activities that stimulate mental processing and memory, including the smell of bread baking before meals, flower arranging and off-site trips that enrich
- Secure neighborhoods featuring spacious common areas—living and recreation rooms, a beauty salon, outdoor courtyards with walking paths and dining rooms
- Restaurant-style, chef-prepared meals formally served with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.