Mind & Memory
Care - Benchmark at
MIND & MEMORY CARE
At Benchmark Senior Living at Woburn, individuals with Alzheimer’s and dementia receive award-winning, around-the-clock care and participate in memorable programs by skilled and tenured staff who love what they do. Family-centered experiences that embrace our memory care residents from the moment they move in are a source of our outstanding reputation and acclaim.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Genuinely caring for someone means always wanting to do what’s best for them. We treat every resident as a whole and unique individual and provide care according to their needs. With each interaction, we seek to provide varying support levels that strengthen bonds between our residents and us.
In addition to personalized support with daily living, we also facilitate everyday experiences that celebrate who they are and address their overall wellness. Our residents participate in cognitively stimulating programs, including Benchmark Strong fitness classes that address strength and balance, our own Olympic games, therapeutic art activities and shows and outdoor live entertainment.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Program leadership by a director with over a decade of dementia experience and a registered nurse with community tenure
- 24/7 help with daily living activities, such as bathing and dressing, by skilled caregivers who receive advanced training in dementia, compassion and Benchmark’s nationally award-winning Connect First communication program
- Specialized setting designed to activate senses and encourage reminiscing with themed journey stations featuring many things to touch, see and hear, enticing smells and continuous multi-sensory activities
- Comfortable neighborhoods with shared spaces and cozy nooks in which residents feel at home, and loved ones have the peace of mind of security, including an outdoor patio, bistro, hair salon, recreation room and private dining room for family functions
- Chef-prepared meals and beverages served restaurant-style on colorful plates and accessible mugs with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
BENCHMARK'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Benchmark's response was swift, impactful and well received. Our residents' and associates' health and safety is always our top priority.
We were one of the first senior living providers to begin limiting, restricting and screening visitors and associates in our communities. With policies guided by leading experts, we are maintaining strict infection control procedures, are closely screening and testing associates and residents when needed. We have mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our associates company-wide. We are thrilled to have 96% of our residents vaccinated. All while delivering frequent, transparent communication, which has continued to earn us high praise from our residents and their families.