Mind & Memory
Care - The Village
at Mariner's Point
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Village at Mariner’s Point residents benefit from long-time caregivers and nurses devoted to going the extra mile for them any time of day or night. Our dedicated associates also consider it their life’s work to see our residents happy and engaged in programs that support their overall wellness.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
We remain on the cutting-edge of memory care by really knowing our residents, creating and regularly modifying their personal support plans and offering on-site healthcare and other advanced services. Our residents maintain levels of independence where they can and lean on our loving care for support when they need it.
Mariner’s Point residents with memory loss are also supported with daily programs that enhance their emotional, intellectual and mental health. With insight from family members and residents, we offer and immerse them in interest-oriented activities like live music and dancing, picnic lunches at nearby beaches, cultural events that trigger memories and classes that promote strength and balance.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Operations oversight by an established executive director with over seven years of community tenure
- 24/7 assistance with daily living activities, such as bathing and dressing, by caregivers specially selected and educated in memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s nationally acclaimed Connect First communication program
- Sensory enriching neighborhoods with unique features and experiences that stimulate, including the sounds of piano music, the smells of fresh popcorn and lavender picking at nearby farms and the sights, smells and feelings of the beach and our on-site pool
- Accessible and secure common spaces, many with water views and cozy nooks—outdoor patio with seasonal dining and resident gardens, movie theatre complete with snack bar, journey stations with sights and textures that stimulate, physical therapy center and more
- Gourmet chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.