Mind & Memory
Care - The Village
at South Farms
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Village at South Farms residents are welcomed and received as family from the minute they first come through our impressive doors. Around-the-clock care and fulfilling relationships with long-time caregivers, registered nurses and our entire dedicated team serve as a robust support system for our residents and their families.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Wanting the best for someone means always doing what’s best, which is why we treat every resident as a whole person and holistically plan care that has their needs at heart. With every interaction, we seek to create meaningful connections and varying levels of assistance that reinforce bonds and feelings of independence.
An exceptional feature of our Mind & Memory Care is our daily programs which seek to improve cognitive skills and create positive, fulfilling days. Using our knowledge each resident, we engage them in a broad spectrum of fun and wellness-oriented programs and clubs. Drum exercise classes, painting to music, crafting clubs and outings for riverboat cruises, to local restaurants and arts venues are just some of what our residents enjoy each day.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Memory Care program and resident care overseen by registered nurses with a long history of resident dedication
- 24/7 help with daily living tasks, such as bathing and dressing, by caregivers who’ve walked in the shoes of those with dementia and receive advanced training in empathy and Benchmark’s nationally award-winning Connect First communication program
- Vibrant community setting with programs, features and amenities that stimulate senses with delicious smells and tastes, many beautiful things to see and enjoyable sounds
- Neighborhoods with shared spaces that balance elegance with comfort and security--outdoor patio with seasonal covered dining, verandas and gazebos in which to relax, dining rooms that feel like a fine restaurant, an ice cream parlor that brings back memories and more
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.