Mind & Memory
Care - River Ridge
MIND & MEMORY CARE
River Ridge at Avon Mind & Memory Care residents are cared for around the clock by an experienced, attentive team of nurses and caregivers. Besides personal care that puts their needs first, our residents are honored with opportunities and experiences that enable them to find joy in each new day.
How is Mind & Memory Care Different?
All the benefits of Benchmark Assisted Living with a specialized program and
environment for the unique needs of those with memory impairment.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
We treat every individual as a whole person and design and refine a care plan according to their needs. We believe that empowering our residents to be self-sufficient in their areas is vital to aging well and supporting them in their independence.
Our residents also spend their days participating in research-based programs and fun activities that support their overall wellness. Our positive environment is one in which every season is welcomed and enjoyed with fanfare. Every day, they enjoy programs like live entertainment, pet therapy and Benchmark Strong fitness classes to support strength and balance.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Registered, licensed nurses oversee the community using decades of experience
- 24/7 support with daily living tasks, such as bathing and dressing, by caregivers educated about memory loss, effective communication, empathy and more
- Dynamic surroundings that spur memories and awaken senses with delicious smells and beautifully plated meals, activities that interest them and soothing, appealing sounds
- Warm, secure neighborhoods with cozy shared spaces in which residents feel at home—outdoor patio with seasonal dining, gazebo surrounded by gardens, intimate dining rooms with open kitchens, recreation room, hair salon and more
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.