Mind & Memory
Care - Sturges Ridge
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Sturges Ridge of Fairfield residents benefit from dedicated, round-the-clock care providers overseen by a 30+ year registered nurse leader with a long history of directing clinical and nursing teams that care for seniors. Our residents spend their days participating in research-based programs and experiences that support their long and short-term memory and foster positivity.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Remaining a step ahead is critical, and our insightful, experienced team does that with customized care plans. Our residents are empowered to do the daily living activities they can on their own in a secure environment while receiving support only for the tasks they really need.
Our programming is over 25 years in the making and has been designed using research and experience to address the critical wellness needs of those with dementia. Arts programs that unlock creativity and create new memories, culinary demonstrations from our fine dining team to increase appetite, indoor and outdoor gardening programs that relax and fun trips to nearby beaches are just some of what our residents look forward to every day.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Thirty-year registered nurse overseeing resident care
- 24/7 caregiver support with activities like bathing, dressing and medication management by individuals who have been specially educated and Called to Care for our residents
- Ongoing sensory stimulation with many appealing smells, sights and sounds to experience daily both in and outside our community
- Comfortable, secure neighborhoods with spaces that promote independence—large patio offering seasonal outdoor dining and raised garden beds, hair salon and spa, themed journey stations throughout to encourage reminiscing, art gallery showcasing resident artwork and more.
- Gourmet, chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
BENCHMARK'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Benchmark's response was swift, impactful and well received. Our residents' and associates' health and safety is always our top priority.
We were one of the first senior living providers to begin limiting, restricting and screening visitors and associates in our communities. With policies guided by leading experts, we are maintaining strict infection control procedures, are closely screening and testing associates and residents when needed. We have mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our associates company-wide. We are thrilled to have 96% of our residents vaccinated. All while delivering frequent, transparent communication, which has continued to earn us high praise from our residents and their families.