Mind & Memory
Care - The Arbors at
MIND & MEMORY CARE
At The Arbors at Shelburne, individuals with memory loss are bolstered by accomplished staff providing 24/7 nursing care and engaging experiences in a specializing setting that’s wholly committed to helping them age well. Each day we see the positive differences that trusted daily living assistance and comprehensive healthcare support can have on those with dementia.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Our residents have unique abilities and needs, and our individualized care plans account for both. At The Arbors, individuals with dementia are empowered to do some things independently and rely on our healthcare providers and caregivers for the help they need. Besides a dedicated medical director, we also offer full-time physical and occupational therapy and the ability to care for residents through the end of life.
Our program also focuses full-time on their emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual wellness with daily programs that give them feelings of purpose. Our dedicated programming team facilitates and encourages our residents to engage in programs like outings for shopping and apple picking at nearby orchards, community service projects, fitness classes, bowling and live musical performances.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Dedicated social worker to coordinate care and serve as a direct communication line for families
- Around-the-clock nursing care and assistance with activities of daily living by associates who are specially selected and educated about memory loss, effective communication, empathy and Benchmark’s nationally award-winning Connect First communication program
- Visual cues and sensory stimulation all through our neighborhoods to provide familiarity and enhance wellness with resident memory boxes, cozy kitchen, delicious smells and energizing sounds
- Our entire community is secure and features many spaces residents can enjoy with independence, including outdoor patios with seasonal dining under the shade of an arbor, aquatic hydrotherapy bath, comfy library, recreation room, hair salon and more
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.