Mind & Memory
Care - The Branches
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Residents at The Branches of Marlboro receive person-centered support around-the-clock in a beautiful new community setting overseen by a nurse and other individuals with decades of experience. In addition to care by associates committed to enhancing the aging experience, our memory care residents enjoy cognitively stimulating programs in open-concept spaces.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
We make it possible for our residents to age well with independence using personalized care plans designed around their current abilities. For those who need additional support now or may in the future, we also offer advanced care capabilities unique to our community including specialized lifts, two-person assists and feeding assistance.
Cognitive stimulation that supports short-term and long-term memory and makes it possible for our residents to enjoy each new day is the goal of our specialized Mind & Memory Care programming. Our location makes it possible for our residents to take advantage of intergenerational programs with surrounding schools. They also enjoy activities like ballroom dancing, opportunities to give back, live entertainment experiences and pet therapy.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Community overseen by a nurse and an executive director with a background in clinical psychology and over 20 years of senior care experience
- 24/7 assistance with daily living activities, such as bathing and dressing, by caregivers with specialized education in memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- Engaging all senses is the goal of our multi-sensory environment where residents benefit from delicious smells, hearing and seeing vibrant programs and receiving ongoing stimulation throughout the day
- Cozy neighborhoods with all the comforts of a contemporary home and the added safety of a secure setting—outdoor patio with seasonal dining and raised garden beds, large living spaces, recreation room, formal dining room, hair salon and more.
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.