Mind & Memory
Care - The Village
at Brookfield Common
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Village at Brookfield Common residents prosper from generous, family-centered support 24 hours a day, seven days a week from skilled caregivers who really know them. Under the direction of an accomplished director with decades of industry leadership, our residents and associates also connect over group and one-on-one activities.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Person-centered care is vital to helping those with dementia uphold their sense of self. Our customized plan for each resident optimizes their independence. We empower them to continue the activities of daily living they can while supporting them with the help they need.
In addition to daily living support, our residents spend their days enjoying effective research-based programs that engage, entertain and fulfill. Live entertainment and dancing, off-site trips to restaurants and attractions, themed parties and evenings, bowling tournaments and Friday evening Shabbat celebrations cater to all five dimensions of wellness and cognitive skills.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Community leadership from an acclaimed executive director with over 25 years of experience
- Round-the-clock assistance with daily living, such as help with bathing and dressing, by friendly, high-skilled caregivers trained in memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- Specially designed environment geared towards stimulating all five senses with appealing smells, many things to see, do and hear
- Large living and other comfortable common spaces that balance security and freedom--outdoor courtyard with seasonal dining, intimate dining rooms that feel like home, an aquatic hydrotherapy bath, hair salon and more spaces for residents to connect with each other
- Delicious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with additional dietary support also available.
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
BENCHMARK'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Benchmark's response was swift, impactful and well received. Our residents' and associates' health and safety is always our top priority.
We were one of the first senior living providers to begin limiting, restricting and screening visitors and associates in our communities. With policies guided by leading experts, we are maintaining strict infection control procedures, are closely screening and testing associates and residents when needed. We have mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our associates company-wide. We are thrilled to have 96% of our residents vaccinated. All while delivering frequent, transparent communication, which has continued to earn us high praise from our residents and their families.