Mind & Memory
Care - The Village
at Buckland Court
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Village at Buckland Court memory care residents receive award-winning, round-the-clock care led by administrators and nurses with decades of senior care experience. We also get to know their background and interests and tailor-make wellness experiences that help them make the most of each new day.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
We stay ahead of health changes with customized care plans and on-site medical services to help those with memory impairment age well. Our skilled care providers take great pride in tailoring care to individual needs so our residents can maintain feelings of independence and dignity at every stage.
Our residents also spend their days participating in programs that have been researched and designed for socialization and cognitive skills support. Our programming teams leverage the best of our greater community and other resources to provide experiences that engage our residents. Making and displaying art in our formal gallery, weekly barre exercise classes for strength and balance, cooking demonstrations and virtual vacation that showcase faraway places and live jazz music connect our residents to their interests and each other.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Leadership team with decades of experience working with residents and families affected by dementia
- 24/7 assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, by caregivers schooled in memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- A multi-sensory oriented environment with special touches such as a traditional jukebox, herb garden and charming gazebos to stimulate all five senses
- Elegant yet comfortable neighborhoods that offer security and variety. Residents choose how and where to spend their days whether it’s dining outdoors amongst mature spruce trees, relaxing in large living spaces or enjoying pampering in the hair salon
- Gourmet chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.