Mind & Memory
Care - The Village
at East Farms
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Village at East Farms residents receive award-winning, person-centered support around the clock in a large campus setting overseen by a director with over a decade of experience. In addition to care by associates committed to elevating human connection, our residents enjoy cognitively stimulating programs in spaces that feel like home.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
We make it possible for our residents to age with dignity and independence using personalized care plans created around their present capabilities. We also offer advanced care and on-site supportive healthcare services for those who need additional support now or may in the future.
Inspiring our residents’ short and long-term memories and making it possible for them to enjoy each new day is the goal of our Mind & Memory Care. Events and clubs that honor their lives, seasonal arts programs, chef-led cooking demonstrations and baking classes that excite, our Harbor Garden Club, pet therapy and indoor and outdoor gardening programs are just some of the programs that engage our residents.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Community leadership by an experienced executive director with over a decade of senior living experience
- 24/7 assistance with daily living activities, such as bathing and dressing, by caregivers with specialized education in memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- A stimulating multi-sensory environment where residents benefit from appealing smells, colorful and delicious meals and sounds they enjoy
- Lodge-like, comfortable neighborhoods with the safety of a secure setting—outdoor patio with seasonal dining, indoor and outdoor gardening features, large living spaces, hair salon and more
- Chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
BENCHMARK'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Benchmark's response was swift, impactful and well received. Our residents' and associates' health and safety is always our top priority.
We were one of the first senior living providers to begin limiting, restricting and screening visitors and associates in our communities. With policies guided by leading experts, we are maintaining strict infection control procedures, are closely screening and testing associates and residents when needed. We have mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our associates company-wide. We are thrilled to have 96% of our residents vaccinated. All while delivering frequent, transparent communication, which has continued to earn us high praise from our residents and their families.