Mind & Memory
Care - The Village
at Kensington Place
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Village at Kensington Place memory care residents are empowered with award-winning 24/7 assisted living care that’s overseen by a licensed physical therapist and administrator for over 20 years. In addition, exciting experiences all day long nurture their connections, interests and seek to improve cognitive skills.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
Dementia is multi-faceted, and our unique program has been created to address each one effectively. Our comprehensive care plans are made for each individual and evolve to meet their changing needs. Residents are encouraged to be self-sufficient in areas they can and lean on us for support with others.
Kensington Place residents also benefit from a broad spectrum of meaningful cognitive programs that address every aspect of wellness. Benchmark Strong fitness classes, creative workshops and ceramics classes, horticulture therapy, themed days that allow residents to experience other cultures and live music impart a wide variety of health benefits.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Program oversight by a licensed physical therapist and nursing home administrator for over 20 years
- 24/7 help with daily living tasks, such as showering and medication management, by care providers educated in brain health, compassion and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- A positive, stimulating environment where there are always delicious smells and tastes and fun things to see and do
- Elegant neighborhoods with secure common spaces that encourage exploration—outdoor patio with seasonal dining and cozy gazebo, chapel for services and addressing resident spirituality, intimate dining rooms and kitchens that feel like home, hair salon and more
- Gourmet chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style in our dining room with special diets and additional support available
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.
BENCHMARK'S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Benchmark's response was swift, impactful and well received. Our residents' and associates' health and safety is always our top priority.
We were one of the first senior living providers to begin limiting, restricting and screening visitors and associates in our communities. With policies guided by leading experts, we are maintaining strict infection control procedures, are closely screening and testing associates and residents when needed. We have mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our associates company-wide. We are thrilled to have 96% of our residents vaccinated. All while delivering frequent, transparent communication, which has continued to earn us high praise from our residents and their families.