Mind & Memory
Care - Whisper Woods
MIND & MEMORY CARE
Whisper Woods of Smithtown residents benefit from acclaimed around-the-clock care from associates and leadership who are wholly committed to providing the best advanced care and experiences. Our care providers and programming personnel are devoted to Being the Benchmark in everything they do to support our residents’ overall health and well-being.
Mind & Memory Care Levels
- Our Mind & Memory Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of cueing and reminders. Residents are appropriate for our Mind & Memory Care Plan if they generally exhibit mild cognitive impairment and no or limited behaviors such as aggression or resistance to care.
- Our Mind & Memory I Plan is for residents whose care needs consist primarily of a minimal level of physical assistance with activities of daily living, and minimal levels of cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory II Plan is for residents whose care needs require a moderate amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit moderate cognitive impairment.
- Our Mind & Memory III Plan is for residents whose care needs require a substantial amount of physical assistance with several activities of daily living, and who generally exhibit severe cognitive impairment and/or associated behaviors.
- Our Mind & Memory IV Plan is for residents who have extensive needs, for example: a need for total care with one or more activities of daily living, or a substantial amount of assistance is warranted on a daily basis.
- Our Mind & Memory V Plan is for residents who need total assistance with all aspects of care, as well as usage of a mechanical or electrical lift for transfers on an ongoing basis. They may also require extensive emotional/behavioral support.
Personalized, needs-based care to support individual abilities
With love and respect, we give individual assistance with activities of daily living, such as showering and medication management, that upholds our residents’ dignity and independence. Our advanced care capabilities coupled with on-site supportive healthcare services makes it possible for our residents to age well.
Besides assistance with daily living, our residents are embraced and honored with tailored experiences that offer a wide variety of health benefits, give joy and purpose. Our Mind & Memory Care associates use knowledge about our residents and families to engage them in educational programs, Benchmark Strong fitness classes, live performances and more.
Mind & Memory Care for those with dementia
- Leadership from a tenured Benchmark executive director
- Round-the-clock assistance with daily living by devoted, skilled caregivers trained in memory loss, empathy and Benchmark’s award-winning Connect First communication program
- A sensory stimulating setting where residents see, touch, smell, taste and hear enjoyable things throughout the day, including seeing art in our resident art gallery and delighting in the sounds of our piano
- Contemporary and large spaces residents can explore throughout the day like they would at home but with the safety of security—sun-filled all-season porch, fitness center offering physical therapy, hair salon and spa and more
Support that strengthens bonds between those living with memory loss, their families and our associates.
Choose from private or shared companion suites that can be decorated to feel more like home and also include accessibility features.
Secure Common AreasAdditional shared living spaces, such as hair salons, secure outdoor courtyards and more with special colors, lighting and visual cues to support cognition and resident independence.
Our Culture of Caring
Associates who are Called to Care, specially trained and Certified Dementia Practitioners.
24/7 Personalized Care
Needs-based help with activities of daily living as determined by a nursing assessment.
Enhanced health support
Resident’s choice of outside health providers or access to on-site providers, such as physicians and rehabilitation services.
Treasure chests, journey stations, art and music therapy, gardening, audio programs and more.
Scheduled local transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and community events.
Healthy Meals & Snacks
Served restaurant-style with adaptive dining, assistance and texture modified diets available.
Adaptive Technology & Solutions
Specially selected tools to enhance social, emotional and physical health.
Read More About Mind & Memory Care
Need help determining costs or financing memory care?
Whether you need helping making a quick transition or have a little bit more time, the Financial Concierge service can connect you to a third party who can provide information about bridge loans and Veteran’s benefits.